A Guide to Redirection plugin for WordPress
Redirection is a popular plugin for WordPress that allows users to easily manage 301 redirects and keep track of 404 errors on their website. This can be useful in a number of ways:
- Redirection allows users to set up redirects when they change the URLs of their pages or posts, which can help to preserve any link juice and prevent 404 errors on their site.
- Redirection also allows users to track 404 errors on their site, which can help them identify any broken links or missing pages.
- The plugin also has a feature to monitor when a page or post is deleted, moved or renamed and automatically setup a redirect to the new location.
- It also allow users to import and export redirects in CSV format.
People are getting benefit from this plugin by using it to improve the user experience on their website, by ensuring that visitors are directed to the correct page even if the URLs of their pages have changed. Additionally, by tracking 404 errors and redirecting traffic, it can also help to improve the search engine optimization of a website.
Redirection and Redirection Pro are both plugins for WordPress that allow users to manage 301 redirects and track 404 errors on their website, but there are some differences between the two plugins:
- Redirection is a free plugin, whereas Redirection Pro is a paid plugin.
- Redirection Pro includes additional features that are not available in the free version, such as the ability to automatically create redirects when pages or posts are deleted, moved or renamed, the ability to import and export redirects in CSV format, the ability to set up redirects based on the referrer and user agent, and the ability to set up redirects based on the number of times that a page has been visited.
- Redirection Pro also includes additional tracking and logging features, such as the ability to track redirects by IP address and the ability to track redirects by user agent.
Overall, Redirection Pro is intended for users who need more advanced functionality and want to use more advanced features, while Redirection plugin is intended for users who want to add some additional functionality to the WordPress editor but do not need all of the advanced features of the Pro version.