A guide to Limit Login Attempts Reloaded plugin for WordPress.
It is a security plugin that helps to protect your website from brute force attacks by limiting the number of login attempts from a specific IP address.
Here are the guidelines for using this plugin:
- Install and activate the plugin
- Go to the plugin settings page and configure the options
- Set the maximum number of login attempts
- Set the time limit for locking an IP after reaching the maximum number of attempts
- Option to whitelist or blacklist specific IP addresses
- Notify administrators via email when an IP is locked out
People use this plugin to secure their WordPress website by limiting the number of login attempts and protecting against brute force attacks. It is a recommended security measure for all WordPress websites.
The Limit Login Attempts Reloaded plugin and Limit Login Attempts Reloaded Pro plugin are two different versions of the same plugin with different features and capabilities.
The Limit Login Attempts Reloaded plugin is a free, basic version of the plugin that provides basic protection against brute force attacks by limiting the number of login attempts from a specific IP address.
The Limit Login Attempts Reloaded Pro plugin, on the other hand, is a paid version of the plugin that offers additional features and capabilities, such as:
- Multiple login protection methods
- Country-based login restriction
- Advanced logging and reporting
- Email notifications and alerts
- Support for custom login page
- Integration with two-factor authentication plugins
- Option to automatically block proxy servers
- Ability to track and log blocked logins
- Custom login error messages
The Limit Login Attempts Reloaded Pro plugin is suitable for websites with higher security requirements and provides a more comprehensive solution for protecting against brute force attacks.