3M Scotch® Electrical Stress Control Tape 2220
3M Scotch® Electrical Stress Control Tape 2220. This tape is a type of electrical insulating tape used to protect and reinforce electrical connections and splices. It is made from a highly stretchable, rubber-resin adhesive material that provides a strong, reliable bond.
Companies use 3M Scotch® Electrical Stress Control Tape 2220 in a variety of electrical applications, including electrical splicing, wire harnessing, and cable bundling. The tape is also commonly used in electrical motors, generators, and other electrical equipment.
Customer reviews of this product are generally positive, with users praising its reliability, durability, and ease of use. Many users report that the tape is easy to apply and provides a strong, secure bond that holds up well over time. Some users have also noted that the tape is well-suited for use in harsh, outdoor environments and provides excellent protection against moisture, chemicals, and other environmental factors. However, as with any product, it is always a good idea to research and compare different options before making a purchase.
Please contact if the specifications are incorrect Azeem@mysorcingstore.com
- Material: Made from a rubber-resin adhesive material that provides a strong, reliable bond.
- Thickness: 7 mils (0.17mm) thick
- Length: 66 feet (20.12m)
- Width: 0.5 inch (12.7mm)
- Operating temperature: -20°F to 220°F (-29°C to 104°C)
- Dielectric strength: 800 volts per mil
- Tensile strength: 15 pounds per inch
- Elongation: 400%
- Flammability: Self-extinguishing, UL 510 approved
- Resistance: Resistant to moisture, chemicals, abrasion, and other environmental factors.
These specifications may vary slightly depending on the specific product and the intended application. It is always a good idea to consult the product data sheet or manufacturer’s specifications for detailed information about the product and its performance characteristics.
Characteristics of 3M Scotch® Electrical Stress Control Tape 2220:
- Strong and reliable bond: The rubber-resin adhesive material provides a strong, reliable bond that helps to protect and reinforce electrical connections and splices.
- High stretchability: The tape is highly stretchable, which allows it to conform to irregular shapes and provide a secure bond in a wide range of electrical applications.
- Excellent electrical insulation: The tape has a dielectric strength of 800 volts per mil and provides excellent electrical insulation to help protect against electrical arcing and short circuits.
- Resistant to environmental factors: The tape is resistant to moisture, chemicals, abrasion, and other environmental factors, making it well-suited for use in harsh, outdoor environments.
- Self-extinguishing: The tape is self-extinguishing, meaning that it will stop burning if the source of ignition is removed.
- Easy to use: The tape is easy to apply and can be cut to length with scissors or a knife.
- UL 510 approved: The tape is UL 510 approved, meaning that it has been tested and meets safety and performance standards set by the Underwriters Laboratories (UL).
These characteristics make 3M Scotch® Electrical Stress Control Tape 2220 a versatile and reliable electrical insulating tape for a wide range of electrical applications.